adjectiveBritish • informal • dated
- Excellent; splendid: how spiffing you look!More example sentences
- This is a spiffing example of someone who was physically prepared to deal with a bad situation.
- My boyfriend and I will be together 2 years next week, which is highly spiffing.
- A spiffing new parlour game for the chattering classes has come to our attention.
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of spiffingDefinition of spiffing in:
- The British & World English dictionary