adjective (spiffier, spiffiest)North American informal
Smart in appearance: a spiffy new outfit
More example sentences
- They also raved about the spiffy appearance and the virtually indestructible treads.
- Today my outfit was pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.
- Billy was a junior Ranger, dressed in the dark, blue, gold-stripped spiffy uniform of his outfit.
- Example sentences
- As we approach downtown Chennai I watch in stunned silence from the bus as a spiffily clad office worker walks out of a shiny high tech office with an over-filled wastebasket in hand.
- And so did his son Jameer Jr., who was dressed as spiffily as his pop.
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with spiffycliffy, iffy, jiffy, Liffey, niffy, sniffy, squiffy, whiffy
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.