- A decrease in the speed of rotation of a spinning object, in particular a heavenly body or a computer disk.More example sentences
- Recent measurements show that the actual characteristic spin-down period of the GP-B gyros exceeds 10,000 years-well beyond the requirement.
- However, the relationship between spin-down rate and magneto-dipole losses is not as straightforward for pulsars that also emit X-rays.
- The monomeric KpnI fragments, separated from plasmid vectors and gel purified by the spin-down method, were labeled with flourescein - 11-dUTP (Amersham Pharmacia Biotech).
More definitions of spin-downDefinition of spin-down in:
- The British & World English dictionary