1A narrow, elongated cell indicating the presence of a type of sarcoma.
- Histologically, the tumor was composed of a squamous cell carcinoma and a spindle cell sarcomatous component.
- One patient who had undergone a nondiagnostic CT fluoroscopy-guided TBNA proved to have a metastatic spindle cell sarcoma at surgery.
- A distinct feature found within the spindle cell areas is the presence of epithelioid neoplastic cells with vacuolization.
1.1 Zoology A narrow, elongated cell present in the blood of most nonmammalian vertebrates, functioning as a platelet.
- The morphology of relatively long, beaded AFB, often with bent or folded ends, is demonstrable even when bacilli are present in spindle cells.
- A minor component of spindle cells was also present.
- Collagen IV was present among the spindle cells, but it did not stain the core of the rosettes.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: spin·dle cell
Definition of spindle cell in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.