- A deep red variety of spinel, often of gem quality.More example sentences
- In ancient times spinel rubies and corundum rubies were equally well known, and the two were probably often confounded.
- We visit the mining fields, where sapphires, topazes and spinel rubies are found.
- As a rule the true ruby is blood-red, sometimes called ‘pigeon blood’; the spinel ruby is scarlet; and the minor variety, the ballas ruby, is rose-red.
More definitions of spinel rubyDefinition of spinel ruby in:
- The British & World English dictionary