- A marine or freshwater mollusk with a long conical spiral shell.
More example sentences
- Hydrobiidae and related families, class Gastropoda
- In the sand you can find cone shells, spire shells and flatfish.
- An area of mudflat similar to that occupied by a dinghy could hold 40,000 tiny Laver spire shells, 60,000 Corophium shrimps, 50,000 Baltic Tellin shellfish or up to 500 Ragworms.
- He would approach an area of sand on the bottom, wave his hand vigorously to remove the top layers and find these beautiful spire shells.
More definitions of spire shellDefinition of spire shell in:
- The British & World English dictionary