Definition of spirogyra in English:
A filamentous freshwater green alga containing spiral bands of chloroplasts.
- Genus Spirogyra, division Chlorophyta
- The magnified parade of protozoas, amoeba proteus and paramecia aurelia, with spirogyras and volvox green algae, amazed the kids.
- The spirogyras send their contents through the conjugations tubes to the other one.
- It was a picture of spirogyra, a single cell organism, taken through a microscope.
Words that rhyme with spirogyraBeira, Fujairah, Hegira, Lyra, Myra, naira, palmyra
Definition of spirogyra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.