- A steroid derivative that is an aldosterone antagonist, which promotes sodium excretion and is used in the treatment of certain types of edema and hypertension.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C24H32O4S
- For example, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, ARBs, spironolactone and digoxin are probably not necessary in all patients.
- Pharmacologic agents used have included hydrochlorothiazide, spironolactone, furosemide, propranolol, or hydralazine.
- We restricted our analyses to loop diuretics, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, blockers, spironolactone, and digoxin.
More definitions of spironolactoneDefinition of spironolactone in:
- The British & World English dictionary