- Of or relating to the viscera or internal organs, especially those of the abdomen.More example sentences
- Radiation of the pain to the back indicating retroperitoneal invasion of the splanchnic nerve plexus by the tumour occurs in a quarter of patients.
- The main nerve trunks linking the gastrointestinal tract and the central nervous system are known as the vagus and splanchnic nerves.
- Gastrointestinal autonomic neuropathy may cause paresis anywhere in the digestive tract, with damage to small myelinated and unmyelinated splanchnic nerves.
late 17th century: from modern Latin splanchnicus, from Greek splankhnikos, from splankhna 'entrails'.
More definitions of splanchnicDefinition of splanchnic in:
- The British & World English dictionary