Definition of spleenwort in English:
A small fern that grows in rosettes on rocks and walls, typically with rounded or triangular lobes on a slender stem and formerly used as a remedy for disorders of the spleen.
- Genus Asplenium, family Aspleniaceae
- Species of the eastern deciduous forest are northern maidenhair, maidenhair spleenwort, and oak fern.
- Enclosing the garden will be a traditional dry stone wall planted with native Irish plants - yarrow, thrift, heart's tongue fern and maiden hair spleenwort.
- Others are maidenhair spleenwort, two kinds of polypody, and walking fern.
Definition of spleenwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan