The thick posterior part of the corpus callosum of the brain.
More example sentences
- Above the splenium of the corpus callosum, the cingulate sulcus turns abruptly upwards to reach the superior margin of the hemisphere.
- Beneath the splenium of the corpus callosum, the dentate gyrus becomes flattened and smooth and continues on to the dorsal surface of the corpus callosum as the thin gyrus fasciolaris.
- The great cerebral vein can be seen curving below the splenium of the corpus callosum to empty into the straight sinus.
mid 19th century: from Latin.
- More example sentences
- A mesial parasymphysial foramen is present and is bordered by the parasymphysial plate, anterior coronoid, and the mesial lamina of the splenial, identical to the configuration seen in Ventastega.
- Posteriorly, the mesial lamina of the splenial is firmly sutured onto the anterior end of the prearticular.
- Similarly, we suggest that the medial foramen is represented by a large foramen in the splenial, just ventral to its contact with the adsymphysial.
Definition of splenium in:
- The British & World English dictionary