- Either of two small bones in the foreleg of a horse or other large quadruped, lying behind and close to the cannon bone.More example sentences
- Many evolutionists claim that the horse's splint bones in their legs are vestigial, that is, useless leftovers from its alleged evolutionary past.
- Stable companion Scarthy Lad banged a splint bone when he won at Clonmel earlier in the month and will be out of action until the new year.
- The colt fractured the splint bone and chipped a piece of the sesamsoid bone in the same leg.
More definitions of splint boneDefinition of splint bone in:
- The British & World English dictionary