Definition of splodge in English:
Another term for splotch.
- However, it looks more like a splodge than a fingerprint and you can't make out any of the traditional markings that show it's actually a finger.
- It was hard to tell the difference between the specks of mud and splodges of coffee cake on my map.
- But would anyone turn up their nose at a wedge of fresh home-baked Victoria sponge, sandwiched with a generous splodge of farmhouse strawberry jam and dairy cream?
- Example sentences
- ‘Slosh acts’ may be controlled within specific circus-ring programmes, and Equity may automatically insure many clowns, but to be sure, insure your own splodgy messes.
- Small touches are infinitely more exciting and flattering than those nasty bright turquoise sun dresses, sarongs and skirts in splodgy prints that inexplicably pop up in the high street every midsummer.
- It's not even 9: 00 and my shirt has brown, splodgy stains on it.
Definition of splodge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan