- A soil of an order rich in aluminum oxide and organic matter, typically characterized by low fertility, and including most podzols.More example sentences
- The soil is a spodosol formed on fine sand.
- As usual, I learned some new concepts with regard spodosols.
- The main weathering product in the spodosols of the study area is a mixed-layer dioctahedral mica/smectite.
1960s: from Greek spodos 'ashes, embers' + -sol + Latin solum 'soil'.
More definitions of spodosolDefinition of spodosol in:
- The British & World English dictionary