- The practice of a successful political party giving public office to its supporters.More example sentences
- He was an early practitioner of the spoils system, filling offices with supporters and driving out enemies.
- Once ensconced in office, he defied many Republican benefactors and largely declined to take part in the spoils system of the day.
- The old spoils system returned, along with extravagant public expenses.
More definitions of spoils systemDefinition of spoils system in:
- The British & World English dictionary