- Inflammation of the joints of the backbone. See also ankylosing spondylitis.More example sentences
- She had crippling spondylitis and could barely move.
- It may help in reducing the intensity of pain in those suffering from arthritis, spondylitis and muscular spasms of the body.
- He said: ‘Doctors have said I've got arthritis and think I've got spondylitis.’
mid 19th century: from Latin spondylus 'vertebra' (from Greek spondulos) + -itis.
More definitions of spondylitisDefinition of spondylitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary