- An all-over washing, as given to a person confined to bed, done with a wet sponge or washcloth rather than in a tub or shower.More example sentences
- If sufficient water is not on hand for bathing, airmen should clean themselves by means of a sponge bath using solution-impregnated pads, a damp rag, or a dry, clean cloth.
- Bolting the door, she delighted in the opportunity of washing and bathing, even if it was only a sponge bath.
- Anyway, I just couldn't leave you all dirty like that so I took the liberty of giving you a sponge bath.
More definitions of sponge bathDefinition of sponge bath in:
- The British & World English dictionary