adjectivechiefly Veterinary Medicine
- Having, relating to, or denoting a porous structure or consistency resembling that of a sponge.More example sentences
- Later, more flock members tested positive for the disease - also known as ovine transmissible spongiform encephalopathy - and, by law, had to be destroyed.
- Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, known as mad cow disease, surfaced in the UK in 1986 and has affected nearly 200,000 cattle.
- This was considered the first case of feline spongiform encephalopathy.
More definitions of spongiformDefinition of spongiform in:
- The British & World English dictionary