Definition of spoon-feed in English:
1Feed (someone) by using a spoon.
- When I visit Ally at lunchtime, does she drag me into a dark corner and cower with me while I spoon-feed her yogurt and offer her a baby bottle?
- We ate quietly and quickly, Stella spoon-feeding Jay who only protested lightly, causing me to roll my eyes at him.
- He proceeded to spoon-feed Glen the bowl of soup.
1.1Provide (someone) with so much help or information that they do not need to think for themselves.
- I am not here to spoon-feed you and nor are you the kind of people who should be spoon-fed.
- But the show clumsily spoon-feeds us its insights.
- But this week it means intelligent, not letting anyone or anything spoon-feed you.
Definition of spoon-feed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.