Definition of spoonbill in English:
A tall mainly white or pinkish wading bird related to ibises, having a long bill with a very broad flat tip.
- Genera Platalea and Ajaia, family Threskiornithidae: several species
- In winter, it's easy to see raptors, Oriental white stork, and white spoonbills.
- Other wintering species include little egret, spoonbill, hen harrier, merlin, peregrine, green sandpiper and common sandpiper.
- A crudely painted plywood sign showing bulbous ibis and spoonbills asks that you not disturb the birds.
Definition of spoonbill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan