- 1A parasitic fluke in the initial stage of infection in a snail host, developed from a miracidium.More example sentences
- Eggs are produced and hatch inside the daughter sporocysts, releasing free-swimming miracidia.
- Once it reaches the final site, the larva transforms into a sporocyst, which is little more than an amorphous, germinal sac.
- Second, it can encyst inside a daughter sporocyst as a metacercariae, be voided with the sporocyst, and then be consumed by the benthic-feeding definitive host, rosyside dace.
More definitions of sporocystDefinition of sporocyst in:
- The British & World English dictionary