- 1.2(Of a garment or style of dress) suitable for sport or informal wear; casual.More example sentences
- Spa-inspired clothing joins track suits, cross trainers and karate pants in the chic sportif tradition.
- You'll just have to settle for sportif chic, my dear.
nounBack to top
- A person who is active or interested in sport.More example sentences
- The hotel has been a favourite amongst winter sportifs ever since the Serane family opened it for business some 35 years ago.
- Paris will do it with great panache; actually the French aren't all sportifs and sportives but on the whole look indulgently on those who are.
- He doesn't have the time nowadays to be a sportif - he used to love playing football, rugby, cricket and enjoyed windsurfing.
More definitions of sportifDefinition of sportif in:
- The British & World English dictionary