- A reasonable chance of winning or succeeding: I’ll give you a sporting chanceMore example sentences
- In other words, extra-time will last either 15 or 30 minutes and the side which concedes a golden goal will, at least, be given a sporting chance of fighting back.
- This way you can write and send your postcards on the day you arrive, so that you have at least a sporting chance of them arriving back home before you do.
- If we can reproduce last Sunday's performance then there's a sporting chance that we will resurrect our league aspirations against what prior to last Sunday seemed to be mountainous odds.
More definitions of sporting chanceDefinition of sporting chance in:
- The British & World English dictionary