Definition of spot-weld in English:
Join by welding at a number of separate points: the wire was spot-welded in place
More example sentences
- She planted the stack on the floor, casually but deliberately forcing it six inches into the ground, then repositioned the hood, spot-welding it to its support.
- Another approach is to take a thin-wall tube and just use a sleeve you slide over it and then spot-weld it in place before hydroforming.
- Gates should be of heavy construction, with hinge pins spot-welded to prevent easy removal.
noun(spot weld) Back to top
Each of the welds so made.
- But it's not like a spot weld - it is a surface weld.
- This system not only allows several welds to be done simultaneously, it also reduces weld time from three seconds for a conventional spot weld, to just half a second.
- The joints proved to be equal to spot welds in bending and rolling tests on the wheels.
spot welding noun
- Example sentences
- These are flash welding, high-frequency resistance welding, percussion welding, projection welding, resistance seam welding, resistance spot welding, and upset welding.
- Structural adhesives and rivets are gaining respect as suitable alternatives or supplements to conventional spot welding and screw fastening.
- He was last seen doing freelance spot welding in Detroit.
Words that rhyme with spot-weldZiegfeld • unparalleled
Definition of spot-weld in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan