Marked or decorated with spots.
- The right side of his face was not entirely immobile, but rigid, as though molded from some obscene plastic, and above it the bare front of his scalp was frail and spotted brown, like a quail's egg.
- The spotted owl case of 1990, which put federal forests in the Pacific Northwest off limits for logging, is one of the most notable.
- The cover shows a man in white suit with a ridiculous polka dotted tie, even more absurd spotted socks, and clownish white and black shoes.
- Example sentences
- The breeding male is darker, with increased spottedness.
- Kron was seemingly the first who considered the hypothesis that spottedness of the stellar surface was causing these distortions.
- There are two genes, one for body color and one for spottedness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.