- 1.1An aviator or aircraft employed in locating or observing enemy positions: [as modifier]: spotter planesMore example sentences
- Sequences are shown featuring artillery attack on enemy positions directed by a circling spotter plane.
- 1.2A person who observes or assists a gymnast or weightlifter during a performance or practice in order to minimize the chance of injury to the gymnast or weightlifter.More example sentences
- We had spotters when we played on the rock-climbing wall and we practiced falling off stilts in a way that would lessen the impact on our bodies.
More definitions of spotterDefinition of spotter in:
- The British & World English dictionary