adjective[attributive] Law , chiefly North American
- Of or relating to marriage or to a husband or wife: the spousal benefits of married couplesMore example sentences
- For post-1976 spousal joint tenancies treated as separate property, since only the decedent's 50 percent portion is includible in his gross estate, only a 50 percent step-up would be available.
- For example, spousal violence was only criminalized twenty years ago and lobby groups are pushing for similar moves to prevent a defence to smacking children.
- Normally, this would require the surviving spouse to file a spousal property petition.
More definitions of spousalDefinition of spousal in:
- The British & World English dictionary