Definition of spreadsheet in English:
1An electronic document in which data is arranged in the rows and columns of a grid and can be manipulated and used in calculations: we have a color-coded Excel spreadsheet of all of our trip expenses William spent most of the day updating the Risk Assessment spreadsheet
More example sentences
- When the changes had been made, I printed a off copy of the spreadsheet for Mr Simons.
- For the insurance claim, they had to compile exhaustive spreadsheets of their possessions, right down to how many white T-shirts were in a bureau drawer.
- Melissa has put together a spreadsheet of our favorite girl's names.
1.1A computer program used to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Many students sent us graphs prepared with computer spreadsheet programs.
- Once prepared, the file can be transferred to and used on any computer with the spreadsheet program.
- The first step is to stop using word processors and spreadsheets to manipulate and organize information.
verb[no object] (usually as noun spreadsheeting) Back to top
Definition of spreadsheet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan