Definition of spring beauty in English:
A spring-flowering succulent plant of the purslane family.
- Genus Claytonia, family Portulacaceae: several species, in particular the white- or pink-flowered C. virginica, found in moist woods in North America
- An entry the following spring simply listed the wildflowers she saw: ‘Anemones, carpet pinks, saxifrages, buttercup, spring beauty.’
- The roadsides sparkled with coreopsis, crimson clover, vetch, spring beauties, and other gem-like blooms.
- In early spring, the park is blanketed with wildflowers, including violets, may apples, spring beauties, and lady's slipper orchids.
Definition of spring beauty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan