- 1 (usually springer spaniel) A small spaniel of a breed originally used to spring game. There are two main breeds, the English springer spaniel, typically black and white or brown and white, and the less common red and white Welsh springer spaniel.More example sentences
- The dog, a springer spaniel called Sasha, was unhurt.
- Like most other dog handlers, PC Ware has two dogs, an Alsatian for general duties and a springer spaniel, Murphy, who is trained to seek-out drugs and retrieve hidden weapons.
- HMS Monmouth has a new recruit in the fight against drugs traffickers - a springer spaniel named Caspar.
- 3A cow or heifer near to calving.More example sentences
- The springers need to be rounded up and brought in.
- The growth of the super dairies with 1,000 cows or more has created a good market for springers - replacement heifers due to calve soon.
More definitions of springerDefinition of springer in:
- The British & World English dictionary