Entry from British & World English dictionary
A cut hit square on the offside.
- Then Vaughan smacks a glorious square cut to the boundary.
- Javed Omar was playing the anchor role, happy to bat within his limits and occasionally unleashing his favourite square cut.
- There was a delay when a square cut from Tendulkar hit a pigeon on the outfield.
(square-cut) [with object] Hit (the ball) with a square cut: at Lord’s he once square-cut Jack Durston
More example sentences
- He did the same next ball, then square-cut a three, making 11 off Giffen's six-ball over.
- Hunt let the first ball go by, then square-cut the second with great majesty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.