Definition of squashberry in English:
noun (plural squashberries)
A North American viburnum which bears edible berries.
- Viburnum edule, family Caprifoliaceae
- The squashberry and the highbush cranberry are often confused, and they are in fact very close relatives.
- The last species, squashberry, is found in boreal forests of Canada, Alaska, and the far northern states.
- Since we live in a very rural area, my daughter and I have been very busy these last few days picking as many squashberries and dogberries as possible.
Definition of squashberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.