A fern with fronds that resemble antlers, occurring in tropical rain forests where it typically grows as an epiphyte.
- Genus Platycerium, family Polypodiaceae
More example sentences
- Still thinking big, French suggests the magnificent staghorn fern, Platycerium.
- Spratlin also used vertical space to help create a convincing garden by mounting pots of staghorn ferns and donkey tails on the wall near the gate.
- The giant staghorn fern has upright sterile leaflike structures of glossy, vivid green.
Definition of staghorn fern in:
- The British & World English dictionary