- A lift in the form of a chair that can be raised or lowered at the edge of a domestic staircase, used for carrying a person who is unable to go up or down the stairs.More example sentences
- Staff from City of York Council, which is responsible for the stairlift, were due to measure up for a replacement lift at Mr Garner's home later today.
- Because many of them are infirm, some suffering from mental illness, special prisons are being built or fitted with stairlifts and other facilities fitting to the disabilities of the elderly.
- Dame Thora - also known as the face of Stannah stairlifts - has continued acting despite becoming increasingly frail.
More definitions of stairliftDefinition of stairlift in:
- The British & World English dictionary