- A set of steps or stairs and its surrounding walls or structure.More example sentences
- Stone steps, stairways, benches and gate posts can all add a feeling of permanence to a garden.
- Straight ahead lay a central hail running the length of the building and ending in a blank wall flanked by steep stairways that led to the second floor.
- The ticket hall, stairways and platform roof are not covered by blue walls, and are therefore still as grimy, untreated and rundown as they've been for decades.
More definitions of stairwayDefinition of stairway in:
- The British & World English dictionary