- A shaft in a building in which a staircase is built.More example sentences
- Make sure all your window wells and stairwells have raised lips around their edges to prevent water in the yard from flowing into the well during a downpour.
- Three fire-protected stairwells in the building provide the opportunity for smaller rentable units.
- On the first floor three two bedroom units will be built around a central stairwell and lift shaft.
More definitions of stairwellDefinition of stairwell in:
- The British & World English dictionary