- (Of a plant or flower) having stamens but no pistils. Compare with pistillate.More example sentences
- Males produce only staminate flowers with stamens and no vestigial pistils.
- In a hermaphroditic plant, flowers are first staminate, then pistillate, and the sexual stages do not overlap within the flower.
- If nutritional deficiencies lead to increased pistil abortion and formation of staminate flowers, the nutritional deficit might also affect pollen production or pollen quality.
More definitions of staminateDefinition of staminate in:
- The British & World English dictionary