Be unequaled: when it came to fun, Julia stood alone
More example sentences
- In terms of deaths caused by one individual acting alone, he stands alone.
- The television show stands alone with a unique place in the nation's heart.
- But Malaysia stands alone among the airlines flying here to score a marvellous five stars for its economy class long haul seating.
(also standalone /ˈstandəˌlōn/)
(Of computer hardware or software) able to operate independently of other hardware or software.
- Each program can operate as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with the other component.
- It's a stand-alone network device, so you don't need to install any drivers on your PC for it.
- It can run as a stand-alone application, or directly into Windows Explorer.