- A quantity calculated to indicate the extent of deviation for a group as a whole.More example sentences
- Average values and standard deviations were then calculated for each of the compounds in the experiment.
- If no standard deviations were reported then we used the average standard deviation for all the remaining studies.
- Mean values and standard deviations were calculated for all variables.
More definitions of standard deviationDefinition of standard deviation in:
- The British & World English dictionary