noun(the standard model) Physics
- A mathematical description of the elementary particles of matter and the electromagnetic, weak, and strong forces by which they interact.More example sentences
- The most familiar, and second strongest, force described in the standard model is electromagnetism.
- We have to two theories that are both extremely successful but mutually incompatible - Einstein's general relativity and the standard model of particle physics.
- String theory is ‘large enough’ to include the standard model and includes gravity as a must.
More definitions of standard modelDefinition of standard model in:
- The British & World English dictionary