A resplendent star that is said to have guided the Magi to the birthplace of the infant Jesus.
- During the sermon, the pastor was musing about how the Star of Bethlehem that led the magi to the manger might be explained by ‘skeptics’.
- He now believes this date to be the birth date of Jesus and the Star of Bethlehem to be Jupiter.
- Others claim that it's a ‘new Star of Bethlehem,’ possibly announcing the rebirth of Jesus Christ in the Azores.
A plant of the lily family with star-shaped flowers that typically have green stripes on the outer surface, native to the temperate regions of the Old World.
- Genera Ornithogalum and Gagea, family Liliaceae: several species, including the white-flowered O. umbellatum and the yellow-flowered G. luteum
- Bach Rescue Remedy combines star of Bethlehem, rock rose, impatiens, cherry plum and clematis flower essences.
- My father used to grow them in his gardens, along with oleander and star of Bethlehem.
- The same is true for the common Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.