noun (plural same or starfishes)
- A marine echinoderm with five or more radiating arms. The undersides of the arms bear tube feet for locomotion and, in predatory species, for opening the shells of mollusks.
More example sentences
- Class Asteroidea
- Scattered on the cloth are pinecones and seashells, a sand dollar, a starfish, a sea urchin.
- Echinoderms include the sea urchins and starfish.
- Thus far there are no serious signs of predation by crabs or starfish.
More definitions of starfishDefinition of starfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary