Definition of starwort in English:
Any of a number of plants with starlike flowers or leaves.
- Stellaria (family Caryophyllaceae), Callitriche (family Callitrichaceae), and other genera: several species, including the lesser stitchwort (S. graminea)
- When it grows on mud in low-water conditions, the leaves of water starwort are oblong.
- Young leaves of common starwort are edible, raw or cooked as a potherb.
- River water-crowfoot, water starworts, water cress and lesser and greater pond sedge.
Definition of starwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan