- 1 another term for state university.More example sentences
- I wanted my answer to talk about all the friends I'd made and how I'd learned at this small state school that I had a passion for journalism.
- He said lowered attendance could reduce state school aid by $6 million daily.
- TJ was going to state school as well, in case things didn't work out he could be close to home.
- 1.1British A school that is funded and controlled by the government and for which no fees are charged.More example sentences
- The top state school was Colchester Royal Grammar School on 512.3 points per student.
- It is surely of little importance whether a college's students are drawn from a public school or a state school.
- It was a medium sized village with a public school and a state school.
More definitions of state schoolDefinition of state school in:
- The British & World English dictionary