noun (plural statespersons or statespeople)
- A statesman or stateswoman (used as a neutral alternative).More example sentences
- Thus preserving the life of the state and the ethical community it envelops becomes a moral duty of the statesperson.
- When the prime minister who presided over all of this is hailed as a statesperson and visionary, are we not laying the foundations for full-blown fascism?
- He had called the summit to establish his position as a leading European statesperson, and to launch his scheme for the institutionalization of summits in the form of the European Council.
More definitions of statespersonDefinition of statesperson in:
- The British & World English dictionary