- Any of a group of drugs that act to reduce levels of fats, including triglycerides and cholesterol, in the blood.More example sentences
- With reduced levels of cholesterol, statins also inhibit the synthesis of bile acids.
- Some of the patients in each group were also treated with a statin to lower blood cholesterol.
- Use of aspirin and statins lowers C-reactive protein levels, but so does weight loss.
More definitions of statinDefinition of statin in:
- The British & World English dictionary