- An unvarying condition in a physical process.More example sentences
- Even though the electron is in constant motion, it does not emit electromagnetic radiation from a stationary state.
- The electron can not be said to be really ‘moving’ - an orbital is a stationary state.
- Radiative emission and absorption corresponded to transitions between the stationary states, although Bohr gave no account of the mechanics of these transitions.
More definitions of stationary stateDefinition of stationary state in:
- The British & World English dictionary