Definition of statism in English:
A political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs: the rise of authoritarian statism
More example sentences
- The split will be between the two philosophies of big government statism and small government constitutionalism.
- Liberalism, welfare statism, mixed economyism, socialism, fascism, communism, national socialism and statist conservatism have all been resounding failures.
- Nowhere was it tried - and I mean real socialism, not welfare statism - where tyranny, misery, poverty, fear and oppression failed to follow.
statist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- I see the members across the Chamber are proud of the fact that they believe in a statist, socialist background.
- Today's ‘Democratic liberals’ are big central government statists who are functional isolationists.
- In lieu of which, they may want to read his glib, intelligent, and slightly funny explanation of market anarchy and why it's the best bet for statists and socialists.
Definition of statism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan