noun[treated as singular]
- A branch of physics concerned with large numbers of particles to which statistics can be applied.More example sentences
- Pattern-recognition research is linked to information theory, control theory, statistical physics, dynamical systems theory, and mathematical optimization theory.
- Under Einstein's influence, Stern became interested in light quanta, the nature of atoms, magnetism, and statistical physics.
- Let's assume that voters interact with each other just as electrons do in the well-known Ising model in statistical physics.
More definitions of statistical physicsDefinition of statistical physics in:
- The British & World English dictionary