- 1The stationary portion of an electric generator or motor, especially of an induction motor.More example sentences
- Thus the rotor half channels entering the stator play the same role as the permanent exit half channel in the stator of the proton motor.
- Morganite are manufacturers of heavy industrial and domestic carbon brushes, electric panels, Zesco feeder pillars and fan stators for underground mining.
- In addition, the printed circuit board comprises a flat flexible support on which the conductor tracks run from the stator to the rotor.
late 19th century: from stationary, on the pattern of rotor.
More definitions of statorDefinition of stator in:
- The British & World English dictionary